This month we have a return of two popular releases from 2017, a fun one off Pro-am beer blended from our barrel stock, a Genetic Drift variant, and another mixed fermented and canned Berliner Weisse style beer.
Reservations start Saturday, 7/7 at noon, and go until Friday, 7/13 at noon.
Eventbrite Link to reserve bottles: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/speciation-july-2018-release-tickets-47479821424
1. Saltation - Tequila BA sour w/ blood orange puree, guava puree, limes, & salt - This was one of our absolute most popular beers from last year... but this year we gave it a proper name! We also increased the fruit level slightly. Corked & caged 750ml bottle. $24/ea. Limits to be determined 7/13 around noon. 792bottles produced. Limited statewide distribution.
2. Extinction Line - 100% pilsner malt sour aged in stainless with pomegranate concentrate. We wanted to introduce more people to our sour beer, but felt that price is often a deterrent. So, we devised a plan to make a slightly less expensive version of our pomegranate sour from 2017, and asked our friends at Brewery Vivant to brew a double batch of it for us (23 bbls). Corked & caged 750ml bottle. $18/ea. Limits to be determined 7/13 around noon. 1464 bottles produced. Statewide distribution, plus limited distro in Wisconsin, Indiana, and Scandinavia.
3. Cucumosis - A Tart Farmhouse Ale aged in Gray Skies Gin barrels with cucumbers, pineapple concentrate, & salt - I know this sounds weird, but trust me... it's delicious and refreshing! This beer was blended with Mark Hofmann for the Beer City Brewer's Guild Pro-Am competition. Wish us luck! Corked & caged 750ml bottle. $18/ea. Limits to be determined 7/13 around noon. 384 bottles produced. Very limited distribution in West MI.
4. Genetic Drift w/ Pear - Mixed fermented, stainless aged saison, with a bit of pear concentrate - Funky, moderate acidity (this is more acidic than the previous versions), and just the right amount of pear. Corked & caged 750ml bottle. $15/ea. Limits to be determined 7/13 around noon. 396 bottles produced. Very limited distribution on the East side of MI.
5. Common Descent w/ Cucumbers & Limes - Berliner Weisse style sour - This is an experiment that we at Speciation are all very excited about... CANS! The plan is to release a mixed fermented & can conditioned batch of Berliner Weisse each month this summer, beginning with this lemon & lime version. Clean and crushable, but still sharable if necessary. We designed this beer to be low alcohol (4.2%), and lightly acidic (3.3 pH) for maximum drinkability. $8 per 19.2 ounce tall can. Limits to be determined 7/13 around noon. 1000 cans produced. Distribution TBD after the release date, but very likely in house only. Oh... and we will have Speciation branded lime green KOOZIES available at the next release!
Pickup day is Saturday, July 14th from 10 am - 4 pm.
Each ticket represents 1 bottle/can of beer, so please make sure to order the correct amount of tickets! On pickup day you may pay for your bottles/cans with cash or credit card (we use square).
Proxies are allowed. We just need a copy of the purchaser's ID and the proxy's ID. It will be the proxy's responsibility to pay for the bottles/cans at pickup.
Mitch, Whitney, Quin, & Rally