Some big changes are afoot at Speciation this summer... most notably, CANS!
Reservations start Saturday, 6/2 at noon, and go until Friday, 6/8 at noon.
Pickup day is Saturday, June 9th from 10 am - 4 pm.
1. Phylum - Rum BA Sour Golden Ale w/ Limes. Not much else to say there, other than that this one would make a pretty mean beer cocktail, or would be great on it's own on a hot summer day. Corked & caged 750ml bottle. $18/ea. Limits determined after Cultured Club sales end. 792 bottles produced. Statewide Distribution.
2. Proglacial - Tequila BA Sour Golden Ale w/ Passionfruit. We teamed up with our good friends at HOMES Brewery to concoct this elegant and delicious sour. We each brewed a version, so look for the HOMES version later this year at their beautiful brewery in Ann Arbor! Corked & caged 750ml bottle. $22/ea. Limits determined after Cultured Club sales end. 816 bottles produced. Statewide Distribution.
3. L'Obel - Foeder Aged Sour w/ Boysenberry. This is our first time working with boysenberries, but we are all in love with them in this beer. Jammy, slightly herbal, and reminiscent of blackberries and mulberries. Corked & caged 750ml bottle. $22/ea. Limits determined after Cultured Club sales end. 792 bottles produced. In house only - no distribution.
4. Genetic Drift w/ Honey - Wine Barrel Aged Wild Saison w/ Honey. The return of Genetic Drift! Kind of. We brewed this batch of Genetic Drift in January 2017, and to be completely honest, when we added the honey it caused a common off flavor in beer: diacetyl. This can taste like movie theater popcorn or strong butterscotch... not exatly ideal in beer. However, with this particular off flavor, we knew it would go away with time. We put the pallet in our back room and tasted bottles every month for over a year. Finally, 2 months ago this beer showed signs of improvement, and last month when we tasted it, it was absolutely divine! Deep and rich honey flavor up front, with a classic brett saison funk on the finish. This one finished at 8.5% abv, so tread lightly! Corked & caged 750ml bottle. $22/ea. Limits determined after Cultured Club sales end. 442 bottles produced. Statewide Distribution.
5. Common Descent w/ Meyer Lemons & Limes - Berliner Weisse - This is an experiment that we at Speciation are all very excited about... CANS! The plan is to release a mixed fermented & can conditioned batch of Berliner Weisse each month this summer, beginning with this lemon & lime version. Clean and crushable, but still sharable if necessary. We designed this beer to be low alcohol (3.9%), and lightly acidic (3.3 pH) for maximum drinkability. 19.2 ounce tall can. $8/ea. Limits determined after Cultured Club sales end. 900 cans produced. Distribution TBD after the release date.
Each ticket represents 1 bottle/can of beer, so please make sure to order the correct amount of tickets! On pickup day you may pay for your bottles/cans with cash or credit card (we use square).
Proxies are allowed. We just need a copy of the purchaser's ID and the proxy's ID. It will be the proxy's responsibility to pay for the bottles/cans at pickup.
Mitch, Whitney, Quin, & Rally