This month we thought we were going to have a completely different line up. But, 2 of the beers we wanted to release just aren't ready yet. However, two of the releases intended for November are ready early, so we swapped them last second in order to release the best beer possible!
Reservations start Saturday, 10/6 at noon, and go until Friday, 10/12 at noon.
Pickup day is Saturday, October 13th from 10 am - 4 pm.
Each ticket represents 1 bottle/can of beer, so please make sure to order the correct amount of tickets! On pickup day you may pay for your bottles/cans with cash or credit card (we use square).
Eventbrite Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/speciation-october-release-tickets-50974949446
1. Magic Trait - Barrel Aged Sour with Blackberries, Blackcurrants & Blueberries - Easily one of the most popular beers we've ever blended, Magic Trait will make it's return to a public release in October. This blend is made of 5 of our favorite barrels: 3 neutral wine barrels filled with golden sour, one American oak barrel filled with dark sour, and one American oak barrel filled with blueberry juice. We also loaded this batch up with blackberry puree from Oregon Fruit and blackcurrant concentrate from Coloma. $22/ea. Limits TBD. 77 cases produced. Corked & caged 750ml bottle. Statewide distribution.
2. Dimorphic - Foeder Aged Sour with Dark Sweet Red and Gold Cherries - We partnered with our favorite fruit farmers at Nyblad Orchards to source some interesting cherries this summer. The biggest of those blends is this beer, which received 2lb/gallon of cherries. We painstakingly processed by hand, and included the pits in for some extra vanallins and tannins. $20/ea. Limits TBD. 66 cases produced. Corked & caged 750ml bottle. Statewide distribution.
3. Wet Hopped Incipient - Foeder Aged Sour Wet Hopped with MI Heritage - Last year we released a wet hopped beer for members only, but this year we decided to make it a public release. This blend has extremely bright lemon and tropical fruit notes, with a nice underlying flavors of grass and spice. $18/ea. Limits TBD. 25 cases produced. Corked & caged 750ml bottle. Brewery exclusive release.
4. Genetic Drift with 2nd use Cherries & Wet Hopped w/ MI Heritage - After working so hard processing the cherries for Dimorphic, we decided it would be a good idea to use the "spent" fruit in a batch of Genetic Drift for a nice light stone fruit flavor. A few days after adding the spent cherries we received wet hops for Incipient, and had about 50 extra pounds... So, we tasted through all the beers in our tanks and realized that the hops perfectly complemented Genetic Drift. Voilà! To give you an idea of the flavor profile on this: after tasting this beer blind the other day, we thought it was Peach Genetic Drift! Very peachy, mild funk, all deliciousness. $14/ea. Limits TBD. 65 cases produced. Corked & caged 750ml bottle. Statewide distribution.
5. Megafauna - Foeder Aged Golden Sour with Beets and Cherries - To prove that we don't care about our untappd ratings too much, we decided to make a beet beer. This one is only for the few of you folks out there that enjoy beets. We brewed a test batch of this before we opened, and it was surprisingly well received. Pickled beet flavors hit first, followed immediately by nice, smooth cherry notes. $20/ea. Limits TBD. 22 cases produced. Corked & caged 750ml bottle. Brewery exclusive.
6. Biomimetic - Wild NEIPA DH w/ Amarillo, Chinook, Citra, Vanilla, & Fermented on 2nd use Peaches - We started with our Biomimicry NEIPA base, and fermented it on 2nd use peaches from a forthcoming (award winning) beer... then we dry hopped with Amarillo, Chinook, Citra, and added a touch of vanilla to round it out with a bit of sweetness. The resulting beer is a fluffy and fruity hop bomb, with a bit of funk and a bit of sweetness. $8/19.2 ounce stovepipe can. Limits TBD. 42 cases produced. Statewide distribution.
Proxies are allowed. We just need a copy of the purchaser's ID and the proxy's ID. It will be the proxy's responsibility to pay for the bottles/cans at pickup.
-The Speciation Crew: Mitch, Whitney, Adam, Kara, Todd, Devon, Quinn, & Luis